Best of breed drawing and document management software
Data Viewer Total Document Management (Dv TDM) will help regain control of the information that’s central to your organisation’s workflow processes, significantly improving workplace efficiencies and reducing your costs.
Dv TDM equips progressive organisations with the expertise and tools to better manage the creation, capture, organization, storage, retrieval, manipulation and controlled circulation of drawings, CAD files and business documents.
While most document management software developers claim they can manage drawings i.e. their software allows you add a drawing to the database and control access to who can check in and checkout the document, Dv TDM’s features far exceed these simple functions.
Dv TDM is a powerful and robust tool for managing everything from business documents to technical documents and drawings. Dv TDM supports over 200 Engineering and Office document formats including: AutoCAD, MicroStation, Word, Excel, Outlook, PDF, and many more.
With Dv TDM, you can:
- Access and manage technical project documents worldwide from a central repository through Internet Explorer.
- Drawings can be quickly located and are never lost, misplaced or misfiled.
- There is always strict version control so that there is never any doubt ‘who has got what’ and if all modifications and amendments have been incorporated.
- A drawing’s links to other references, templates and files are fully protected should the latter be subject to modification or deletion. For example, any drawing’s links to other references, templates and files are fully protected should the latter be subject to modification or deletion.
- Share documents and drawings on the web, control versions, view and mark-up documents without the need for the native file application and more.
- Reference files are also managed by Dv TDM without requiring a third-party application.
- Project files are stored in their native file format so clients can integrate documents with legacy ERP and Mapping systems.
Dv TDM Features and Benefits
At Nanoserve, we make organisation of information easy
The following small sample of Dv TDM facilities and features provide an indication of what we can do for your organisation.
Gives you the ability to interact with all your existing applications.
Allows you to record the number of hours a file has been open in AutoCAD.
Allows you to effectively control document revision processes so that your organisation’s agreed procedures are rigorously adhered to. Dv TDM allows you to modify a drawing while keeping a record of the previous versions. It can ensure earlier versions cannot be modified. To ensure changes to reference files do not affect your version history it can convert the drawing to a vector-based PDF or bind the reference files.
Offers you the ability to group otherwise unrelated documents. If documents are deleted, added or modified Knowledge Group Team Members are automatically notified.
Facilitates the quick and accurate indexing of all your existing drawings into Dv TDM.
Ensures that you can confidently locate the correct drawing and lets you apply the levels of access control that you require.
You can search for text contained in any document even when this was not part of the original index.
You can visually plan and implement the path a project takes by simply drawing lines. With Dv TDM doing the rest, workflow can be easily streamlined for greater efficiency.
File Structure Support
Arrange your files according to your existing file and directory structure. With Dv TDM can use your folder name and file attributes to populate the database.
Manage Reference Files
Cross checks your database to find all drawings that use the same reference files. With Dv TDM you can easily find which reference files are used by a particular drawing.
Automated watermarking can be an effective way of maintaining the security and integrity of your drawings.
Create new projects quickly by populating predefined fields with information such as project name number, drawing number structure etc.
Enables you to make comments or mark-ups on an image without effecting original drawings. This can be used as part of the quality checking procedure. You can also measure the drawing. You may also turn off layers or print only part of a drawing.
The ability to operate Dv TDM through your internet browser.
Drawing by drawing, you decide who is permitted access to view, edit and print.
Electronic Transmittal Engine
Create a transmittal document automatically.
Be confident in the knowledge that your Document Management software complies with the International Standards Organizations guidelines for document management.
Dv TDM views over two hundred formats. This allows you to see the drawings even though you may not have the native application.